The airline was established in July 1998 and started operations on 28 April 1999. It was wholly owned by its management and local venture capitalists and had 215 employees (at March 2007). After several charter contracts were revoked, Hamburg International went bankrupt on 19 October 2010. All aircraft were returned to their respective lessors, and all flights were cancelled with immediate effect.
Over the years, Hamburg International operated the following aircraft types:
These schools cater mainly to students who are not nationals of the host country, such as the children of the staff of international businesses, international organizations, foreign embassies, missions, or missionary programs. Many local students attend these schools to learn the language of the international school and to obtain qualifications for employment or higher education in a foreign country.
The first international schools were founded in the latter half of the 19th century in countries such as Japan, Switzerland and Turkey. Early international schools were set up for families who traveled, like children of personnel of international companies, international organizations, non-governmental organizations (NGO), and embassy staff. The schools were established with the people and organizations having large interests in the hosting nation: for instance, American diplomats and missionaries often set up schools to educate their children; children of American military and army families often attended Department of Defense Dependents Schools (DoDDS); French diplomats and business families founded similar schools based on the French curriculum.
International School (IS) is a 6th–12th school in the Bellevue School District. The mascot for Bellevue International School is the Great Titan, and the logo is a Greek tripod with an ascending flame. International school is not a traditional international school with students from across the globe, but has a mission of instilling "global citizenship" in its students. Admission is based on a lottery system. Parents must enroll their Bellevue-area fifth graders into the lottery. Siblings of students already enrolled get priority, and then names are drawn from the general pool for the remaining spots. International School is not affiliated with the Washington Interscholastic Activities Association (WIAA), and if students want to participate in sports, they can do so at their "home school" (the Bellevue School District high school that corresponds with their attendance area).
International School was founded in 1991 by Bellevue teachers. Funded with a competitive $300,000 grant from the "Schools for the 21st Century" Commission, the six were granted a half year of release time to develop and recruit for the program. International School opened with 150 sixth and seventh graders in the fall of 1991, housed in an old elementary school. Later the school was moved to its current location in an unused junior high. In 2002 a short documentary on the history of the school with the title The World of International School was written by Kristen Rosenfeld. This documentary provides a glimpse based on primary sources into the origins and development of the school in its first ten years and helps explain why the school has been successful.
International School 45 is an elementary school in Buffalo, New York. It is located at 141 Hoyt Street and serves Grades PK through 6. The current principal is Ms. Lynn Piccirillo.
School 45 was constructed in 1889 to provide additional classrooms for the growing Upper West Side of Buffalo. The original address was 402 Auburn Avenue. An addition was constructed in 1924 to provide more space, before a new and larger building was built in 1971, connected to the 1924 addition. This new building caused the original building to be destroyed and the address to change to Hoyt Street.
Originally a community school, School 45 began to take in a large amount of students from the city's West Side, which has a large immigrant population. The school housed Grades PK through 8, but due to overcrowding, the school's seventh and eighth graders began attending Lafayette High School beginning with the 2011-2012 school year.
Previous assignment and reason for departure denoted in parentheses
In 1753, when Sussex County was formed, the area of present-day Hamburg was part of New Town; on February 25, 1762, it became part of the newly established Hardyston Township. On April 8, 1793, when Vernon Township was formed from Hardyston, Hamburg was included within the boundaries of Vernon. In 1852, the boundary line was changed so that Hamburg was again in Hardyston Township. Hamburg was incorporated as a borough on March 19, 1920, from portions of Hardyston Township, based on the results of a referendum held on April 24, 1920. The borough was named for Hamburg, Germany.
According to the United States Census Bureau, the borough had a total area of 1.165 square miles (3.016km2), including 1.142 square miles (2.957km2) of land and 0.023 square miles (0.059km2) of water (1.96%).
Hamburg is a town in Erie County, New York, United States. As of the 2010 census, the town had a total population of 56,936. It is named after the city of Hamburg, in Germany. The town is on the western border of the county and is south of Buffalo, New York. Hamburg is one of the Southtowns in Erie County. A village called Hamburg and a village called Blasdell are in the town.
Historical evidence shows that the area was settled originally by the Erie Indians. Around 1805 the settlement was known as Barkerville, named after Zenas Barker, the postmaster. On the site of this building today is the Dock at the Bay. The first landowner in the area was John Cummings, who built the first grist mill in 1806.
The Town of Hamburg was formed by government decree on March 20, 1812, from the (now defunct) Town of Willink. The first town meeting took place on April 7, 1812, at Jacob Wright's Tavern at Wright's Corners, which was renamed to Abbott's Corners, and now Armor. One of the early noted activities of the Town Board in that same year was to place a $5 bounty on wolf hides, due to the complaints of the local settlers who were being bothered by them.